Nadya is a serious wolf (who likes comic relief), so keep her fed and she will be your best friend!
1. What is your favorite Yoga style and pose?. My favourite Yoga pose (at the moment) is fish and restorative backbends. My favourite yoga style is just a combination of vinyasa and classic Hatha.
2. How did you get interested in Yoga?
I found yoga after my eldest was born and on a life long search for strength to be myself, as well as anxiety and anger management. Yoga gave me community, and all the aspects within myself to stand up and step out of things that were no longer serving me. It is an ongoing process
3. If you could compare yourself to an animal, which would it be and why?
A wolf: I am comfortable in both groups and alone; I am willing to both lead and follow (be the teacher or the student); Most people find me scary, but those that know me well, know that as long as I have fed and am not hungry, I will be your best friend and no blood will be shed. Also, it is my spirit animal; it must have chosen me for a reason.
4. What do you like to do in your free time?
Read, write, journal, quiet things that can’t be rushed
5. What is the funniest thing that happened to you recently?
I deal with my husband every single day. He thinks he is very funny, He is not, and I don’t have a sense of humour. BUT my youngest came to me the other morning to explain to me how she had held her eyes open while she sneezed and they hadn’t popped out, so I must be wrong…
6. What’s the last thing you watched on TV and why did you choose to watch it?
The Big Bang Theory with my eldest daughter. A little comic relief and something we could do and watch together. And I am also re-watching Gilmore Girls, which I love. It is completely relatable, that search for self and independence and the not belonging with the people you were born to, being excluded, feeling not heard and rejected, but also finding your people and learning how to belong with yourself. They also talk, read, and drink coffee in copious amounts. When we are anxious, we tend to watch shows or listen to familiar music over and over again. We know it and there are no surprises, so our nervous system gets a chance to relax.
7. What’s your favorite drink?
Water and coffee. Not in the same glass and neither ever cold.
8. If a penguin wearing a sombrero walks through your front door, what does he say and why is he here?
Hello, peace be on this house. I love your country of sun and shine, but please point me to the nearest holder of ice cubes and tuna